Monday, February 17, 2020

Playing with Perfect Pearls


Hello!  I made this card for this week's ModSquad challenge -  we are to use Mica powders like perfect pearls on our card.  I stamped Roses from the Gina K Designs set Rose Bouquet with Versamark ink on GKD Red Velvet CS and applied Perfect Pearls to the image.  I colored the leaves with green pencils. Since I did not have a dark green cardstock to use behind the image, I colored white cardstock with green copics to match and also used versamark on the edges with more of the Perfect Pearls. Wanted some shine on the mat.  I cut the mat with a scalloped square die but manipulated the die to create a rectangle shape (only had the square).  Assembled the card with a white card base.  The GKD sentiment was  stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with GKD White EP. 
(The color of the leaves and the scallop edges match better in real life but does not appear to in the photo.  I might have liked this card better if I had fussy cut the rose image and placed on a different background. )
Challenges:
ModSquad Challenge:  Mica Powders-use something like perfect pearls.
Monthly Mix Challenge: Just add texture.  Used heat embossing.
Simon Monday Challenge: Frame It.  Used scalloped border to frame the image.
Creative with Stamps: CWS #47 Red
The Flower Challenge: #41 Add Leaves

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card with the pretty roses and the Perfect Pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the embossing! Thank you so much for playing along with this months Monthly Mix Challenge at Gina K. Designs!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!