Monday, November 19, 2018

Candy Cane Ornament

 Hello!  I was playing Tic-Tac-Toe at The House That Stamps Built and created this Christmas Card using Repeat Impressions stamps from the Snow Globe Series.  I used the diagonal row of Sponging, Texture, and Twine-- I sponged the white card base with DOI Fired Brick before attaching a mat of red CS and the ornament,  but it almost looks like a solid cardstock  in the photo.  The texture is from the heat embossed sentiment, the heat embossed candy canes,  and the metallic gold die cut circle.  I was attempting to create an ornament with the Candy Cane edged in gold,  but it almost looks like one of those ornaments made with a Mason Jar lid.  Finished with a Red Metallic Twine and Bow to hang the ornament.

Challenges:
Allsorts Challenge:Week #494 CAS Christmas
The Paper Players: PP 419 CAS Sweet Treats
The House That Stamps Built: Challenge Tic-Tac-Toe N1418
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card for our 'CAS Christmas' theme at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful CAS Christmas card, thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever! Your little candy cane ornament is so sweet...what a nice idea! Thanks for playing with my Sweet Treat challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!! The ornament is perfect for being the star of this fabulous CAS card. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa What a lovely idea...candy canes in an ornament! Thanks so much for joining us Thanksgiving week at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable candy cane ornament! Thanks so much for joining us over at The Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!