Hello! I broke down and bought a set of blending brushes and had to try them out on a card. I inked up a panel of white card stock using Green Asparagus, Dark Spruce, Light and Dark Carnation inks from GKD to use as the background for a birthday card. I stamped the panel with a stamp from Happy Flowers set using black ink and then trimmed the image to fit on a Green Asparagus card base. I stamped sentiments from the same set with the Green Asparagus ink and die cut with GKD dies. Die cut the word Happy 3 times and layered with contact glue. For additional interest, I stamped a bud from the image a second time and inked with the pink shades, fussy cut the bud, and added with foam tape. I think this added some balance to the card.
Challenges:
Thanks for stopping by. I love reading your comments.
Hugs, Theresa
Beautiful blended background!! Way to go shopping your stash...thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our Blending In challenge over at SOS!!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely love the background colors and the topping with large floral is just perfect. Such a Beautiful CAS.
ReplyDeleteThank you for playing along The Flower Challenge.
-Sathya
DT, TFC
What perfect softly blended inks ... and such a lovely card ... thanks so much for getting ink blendy with us at Shopping Our Stash.
ReplyDelete