Saturday, January 4, 2020

Whimsical Flowers


Hello!  I've decided to try and make more than one card at a time since it is easy to do once you have stamps and supplies out.  I have used Gina K Design stamps and a die from Whimsical Wildflowers for these cards using partial die cutting and water coloring on both designs. I stamped the floral image twice on watercolor paper and heat embossed one with gold EP and one with white EP.  I water colored each with DOI Picked Raspberry and DI Forest Moss using a water brush. I used the GKD Die to partially cut the image.  The top card was finished by placing the cut portion on top of a Pattern Paper that I created with GKD Background Stamp Petite Flourish using GKD Fresh Asparagus ink on white CS.  Finished this one with a card base of GKD Fresh Asparagus CS and a Gold Embossed GKD sentiment. . 

I kept the second card clean and simple by simply adding the partially cut image to a card base of Yellow CS and stamping the GKD sentiment with Distress Ink Forest Moss.  I found it hard to water color this image since it was embossed with white EP but I just tried to follow the lines by looking at the first card that I colored first 
Challenges:
Top Card-
Mod Squad Challenge: Create Your Own Patterned Paper
Seize the Birthday: #180 Anything Goes Birthday,  I love their new graphics. 
Alphabet Challenge: T is for Try Something Different. First time to try partial die cutting in this way.

 Bottom Card:
CAS Mix Up Card Challenge: January Partial Die Cutting + Stamping + Your Choice.  I chose to use water coloring and heat embossing.
Happy Little Stampers: January Watercolor Challenge-Anything goes + Optional: Die Cuts


Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

15 comments:

  1. What lovely, charming cards! Love the first one a bit more - maybe because of the gold and the pretty pattern paper! You watercoloring is beautiful on both, though. Thank you so much for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. both of your cards look so fantastic!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenge!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    Silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very beautiful and well designed. I love the colors and also how you carried the theme over to the inside so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful examples of partial die cutting, Theresa! I love the pretty pink flowers! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are so pretty, Theresa! You did a fantastic job of watercoloring the flowers and leaves, and partial die-cutting. The flowers and leaves really pop against the yellow background. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Mix Up!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely creations!! The partial die cutting looks lovely and beautifully painted flowers! Thanks so much for sharing at Cas Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards! I especially love your partial die-cut and the yellow card base. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABULOUS cards, and wonderful patterned paper background!! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to make a few cards while you have the gear out, these are fabulous. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Theresa. That partial die-cutting worked a treat. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge :) Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smart at making a twofer ...while the supplies are out. Both are equally beautiful partial die cut versions! Love the soft pastel effect on both. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the soft colors on your card. Wonderful watercolor flower!
    Thank you for participating in the Happy Little Stampers watercolor challenge & we hope you will join us again in the next HLS Challenge!.

    Anna – Design Team member at Happy Little Stampers

    Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
    You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so pleased you tried something different, a beautiful result. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Alphabet Challenges. We hope to see you again. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two very pretty cards! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations with us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour challenge and we look forward to seeing more of them soon! Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!