Saturday, January 5, 2019

Winter Snow Globe

Hello!  I was not sure where I was going with this card but wanted to use a Repeat Impressions Snow Globe stamp for the challenge at The House That Stamps Built.  I used the Lighthouse Snowglobe stamp but modified it by eliminating Santa and his sleigh.  I first stamped the globe on Vellum and heat embossed with Clear EP.  I stamped it again with Black ink on white CS and a second time with Memento Nautical Blue( coloring over Santa).  I colored in the image stamped in Black ink with Pencils. I trimmed both of these images and layered under the image on Vellum.  I die cut a circle opening on the Yellow Card base and added the layered snow globe underneath.  I stamped the base of the globe on a Wood Grain Patterned Paper with Versamark and heat embossed with Brown EP.  I fussy cut the base and attached on the card front below the Winter Scene in the globe. Stamped a sentiment from my stash with DOI Walnut Stain and added some die cut vellum snowflakes.   
I could have used acrylic instead of vellum and just stamped and layered the stamped scene under that, but the heat embossed vellum gives a nice texture in real life. 
Challenges:
The House That Stamps Built: Challenge DCC12 Snow Globes

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous snow globe! I've looked at that image and never thought about leaving out the santa and sleigh; genius idea!! Love your little snowflakes, too. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you linked your lovely card up to the Snow Globe challenge over on The House that Stamps Built! It's always fun to see RI stamps being used - and so creative of you to edit out Santa and his sleigh!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!