Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Twofer Challenge Birds



Welcome!  Today I am posting cards that I created for the Twofer Card Challenge #12 - make 2 different cards for 2 different occasions using the same stamp, stencil, or die.   I used a Swan stamp from The 12 Days of Christmas stamp set that was in an issue of Creative Stamping.   For a Christmas card I stamped the swan 7 times (using a mask) on white CS with Memento Black ink, colored with Copics, stamped sentiments from the same set, and layered with a blue card base and an orange mat.   
The second card was made with 2 panels of White CS inked with Distress Oxide Ink Salty Ocean.  The panels were both results of my playing (experimenting) with DOI and were found in my stash  of saved handmade backgrounds.  The bottom panel ( inked by swiping the pad over the paper) was embossed with Fiskars Texture Pad Ocean and trimmed  along a wave. On the top of the card, I used a panel that looks like a sky with clouds.   I stamped another swan, colored with Copics, fussy cut, and attached to the card. Stamped some sentiments from my stash with DOI Salty Ocean.  Also added some glossy accents to the swans' beaks. 

Challenges to enter:
Twofer Card Challenge: #12 Birds
Tuesday Throwdown: #423 Theme is  Embossing. Use Fiskars Texture Plate Ocean.
Merry Little Christmas: #6 January  Anything Christmas



Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

6 comments:

  1. Oh, my! Your masking on the first card is so expertly done! That must be quite a stamp set if they cover all 12 days of Christmas! The one swan makes a very sweet thinking of you card, too. The "floating along" sentiment is perfect with it! Theresa, it's good to see you playing along in our Twofer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect image for this month's Twofer Challenge, Theresa. That swan makes a great Christmas card, and you are officially way ahead of the game for 2019. And your single swan is wonderfully placed in a wavy pool with a delicate sky. Thank you so much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely swan stamp, Theresa! I love how you expertly masked her over and over for your pretty Christmas card to make seven swans a swimming! And she looks perfectly happy floating alone and thinking of someone! Great use of your stash, too!! Thank you for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #12! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your masking skills really are awesome. I love the seven swans a swimming. And, then using only one swan you created another wonderful card design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful swan stamp. Your masking on the Christmas card is fabulous. The second card with only one swan is CAS perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As others have said in their comments before mine. Your masking skills are amazing. Never tried to do that but you sure have inspired me to try it. Your cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!