Welcome! Today I am playing with an old stamp by Rubber Stampede called Bountiful Basket dated 1995. I think I must have got this stamp from a garage sale many years ago around 2009? And I do not think that I have ever used it. I stamped the basket with a light color ink Memento Toffee Crunch and colored with Copics. This stamp has mostly flat surfaces not line stamping so it is a bit difficult to color. I am sharing photos of both the wood block and the rubber stamp. It is interesting how stamps have changed from being on wood blocks and now just clear stamps. The old wood stamps are a piece of art in themselves and great items to collect if you have the room.
Back to my card....stamped the image on white CS and colored with Copics and did some highlights with Pencils. Used some metal brads on the basket for a bit of texture and dimension and to use some of my stash of embellishments. Added a sentiment from Power Poppy (2014) with DOI Vintage Photo and distressed the edges of the panel with DOI Wild Honey and simply attached to a Gold Yellow card base.
Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps: Challenge 167 Autumn Colors
Modsquad Challenge: Make a fall themed thank you card.
Retro Rubber Challenge: #RRCB 98 Fall Harvest Time. I have had the basket stamp at least 9 years and it is dated 1995.
Retro Rubber Challenge: #RRCB 98 Fall Harvest Time. I have had the basket stamp at least 9 years and it is dated 1995.
Have a great day! I love reading your comments.
Theresa




Your card is perfect for our photo inspiration! I love that beautiful stamp!! Thank you for playing with us at the Retro Rubber Challlenge and hope you will join us again soon.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful coloured basket Theresa. I love the little pearls you added.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)
I think the age of your stamp would qualify you for some sort of ultra-retro award! You rescued it when you got it at a garage sale and now, here it is - new again. Lovely sentiment and I like the way you've added some dimension with your faux-rivets around the top of the basket. Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenges.
ReplyDeleteWOW!! Talk about old!!! I love seeing really old stamps, especially those that came out way before I knew anything about rubber stamping and card making.
ReplyDeleteThis stamp is beautiful and you colored the image perfectly, I love the brads you added to the basket, they give it a more realistic look.
Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
XO
What a lovely image...good to give that "vintage" stamp some love! Pretty seasonal colors and I love how you added the brads! Thanks for playing with our challenge this week!
ReplyDelete