Monday, August 20, 2018

Twofer with Circle Dies


Hello!  I am back with another entry to Twofer Card Challenge.  The challenge is to make 2 different designs for 2 different occasions using the same stamps and/or dies.  The August prompt is Geometric and I chose to use Spellbinder Nestabilities circle dies for my cards.   For the Christmas Card, I used 3 circle dies with a White Texture specialty paper, Silver Glitter paper and a Red CS that I embossed with a Reindeer EF. I added white ink to the raised reindeer.   I layered the 3 circles on a Red Card Base and added Cheery Lynn die cut sentiment from the Silver Glitter paper.  

For the second card, I decided to create a Birthday Card.  I used the same 3 circle dies to cut circles from Orange, Yellow, Glitter, and Patterned Glitter card stocks.   I also used a hole punch and additional circle dies of various sizes with the same 3 dies that I used in the top card.  I arranged all the circles on a White CS and stamped a Gina K Sentiment with Hero Arts Orange ink and heat embossed with Clear EP.
Challenges:
Twofer Card Challenge: #8 Geometric Use circle dies on cards. 
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: #399 Anything goes as long as it's Christmas.Optional theme: no stamp or digital image,
Die Cuttin  Divas: Challenge #382 Birthday Wishes. Used Spellbinders Circle Dies.
Happy Little Stampers: August Anything Goes With Dies
Happy Little Stampers: August CAS Challenge Die Cuts



 Have a great day!  Thanks for stopping by!  Love your comments! Theresa




8 comments:

  1. Wonderful circle design on both cards! Very cool! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Die Cuttin Diva's! Have a Wonderful Day!

    Theresa (DCD DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fab! Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both fantastic, Theresa! I love your classic Christmas card design and the sweet reindeers and I think you did an awesome job arranging your circles to create a ton of interest and flow on your birthday card! Great colors, too, and a design that works for either gender! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer challenge #8! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never heard of that Two-fer card challenge, but it sounds like fun. You managed to get two totally different cards from the same die (I guess that's the point!)

    Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super duo of circle inspired cards. Love the Christmas one and the second definitely has a retro vibe.
    Thanks for sharing with us at HLS CAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great challenge, 2 great cards. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Birthday/Buttons" challenge.
    11

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love circles and your cards are fantastic! The glittery, shimmery Christmas card and the modern looking birthday card are both wonderful!
    Thank you so much for joining us at the Twofer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautifully composed card! I love Christmas colors.
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Happy Little Watercolor Stampers.
    BożenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!