Hello! I was trying to decide on a card design to make for the current challenge at Modsquad Challenges which is Beautiful Butterflies - to include a BUTTERFLY on the front of your card. I was trying to decide whether to create a background using some fancy technique, do some ink blending, use some dies, add a lot of embellishments, etc and then it struck me ......just focus on a beautiful butterfly and let it be the star on the card. I simply used an older Gina K Stamp from the Hope is Faith set and stamped it on a paper that was preprinted with a frame (in my stash from Gina K) using Memento Black ink. I colored the image with Memento Markers and a Sakura Blue Gelly pen. I checked the image of a Swallowtail Butterfly to make sure my coloring was close to nature. I attached the image to a card base of Gina K Wild Dandelion. I am pleased that I decided to focus on the butterfly.
Challenges:
Allsorts Challenge: Week 614 Use Yellow
Addicted to CAS: #192 Animals (according to the internet, Butterflies are animals.)
Stay Safe and Healthy! Thanks for stopping by.
I love reading your comments.
Theresa


Well this is just GENIUS!!! I love your thinking here....no fancy schmancy die cuts, no flowery flourishes, just that beautiful butterfly framed with a simple design. Well done!! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating with us over at the Mod Squad!!
ReplyDeleteJudy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!
So very beautiful and I am glad you made the butterfly the main focus. Gorgeous coloring of it too!
ReplyDeleteA very sunny Butterfly creation for our 'Use Yellow' theme at Allsorts challenge this week, thanks so much for joining in.
ReplyDeleteB x
You have certainly let the butterfly be the star of your card, your layout is just right. Thanks for joining in with my use yellow challenge at Allsorts this week.
ReplyDeleteLynn x
Such a beautiful card with this pretty butterfly!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner
Such a gorgeous card. Thank you for joining the Addicted to CAS Challenge.
ReplyDelete- Joy Dsouza