Hello! It is fun to use dies for embossing and it is interesting what you can do with that technique. To make a card with die embossing, I chose an older die from Cheery Lynn, the first one I bought from that company. For the top card, I embossed the large Fanciful Flourish die along with Cheery Lynn Thank You dies on a panel of White cardstock. I sponged it with DOI Vintage Photo to achieve an antique distressed look. I stamped some flowers on pink card stock with Memento Pink ink using a Heartfelt Creations Rose stamp. I fussy cut the flowers and attached with foam tape. Attached to a pink card base to finish.
I decided to make another card but made it more CAS with out the background inked giving more white space. For this one I only used the Fanciful Flourish die for embossing and stamped the GKD Sentiment with Memento Brown ink. I stamped the same flower - 2 directly on the card and one that I stamped on white Cardstock and fussy cut. I stamped the roses with same pink ink and colored with pencil and markers. I distressed the edge of the panel with DOI Walnut Stain and used a brown card base.
Challenges:
The Flower Challenge: #48 Color Pink and Brown
CAS Mix Up Card Challenge: September Mixed Media Challenge Embossing with Dies. Include stamping and at least one other Mixed Media Element. I also used fussy cutting and sponging.
CAS Mix Up Card Challenge: September Mixed Media Challenge Embossing with Dies. Include stamping and at least one other Mixed Media Element. I also used fussy cutting and sponging.
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa




Such lovely cards. The matting does make the die embossing stand out and the blooms make for the perfect finish. Thank you so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up!
ReplyDeleteGreat card designs.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty embossed flourish, Theresa! Love the sweet roses! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!
ReplyDeleteThe flourishes are so pretty embossed in the background Theresa! And your roses are embossed too. Looks like you are having fun with our challenge this month! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!
ReplyDeleteTwo beautiful cards Theresa I love how you have used the pink and brown theme for this month. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam
ReplyDelete