Sunday, August 16, 2020

Just Fluttering By


Hello! I have second card featuring a butterfly for the Double D Challenge to use Butterflies.  For this design I used a die cut butterfly cut from Black and Yellow card stocks using Exotic Butterfly and Angel Wing dies from Cheery Lynn.  I did some shading on the yellow layer before gluing the 2 die cuts together.  For the background, I inked an old Hero Arts Stamp ( One of my first Hero Arts stamps from 2009) called Red Fushia with Memento Markers Bamboo Leaves and Lilac Posie, spritzed with some water, and stamped on a white card stock panel. It's been a while since I used this technique.  I stamped the sentiment with Memento Lilac Posie ink. Popped up the butterfly on the design and attached to a textured card base to finish.
Challenges:
Double D Challenge: Butterflies 
Retro Rubber Challenge: #141 Anything Goes using older stamps than a year.  The flower stamp is from 2009. 
Die Cut Divas Challenge: August theme is all about flowers. Used Die cut butterfly with Flowers. 



Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

7 comments:

  1. I love your water-coloured, misty flower and stem. The clean design keeps everything fresh and lets that glorious butterfly shine. Thanks for joining in with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty pretty CAS card..love it! Thank you for joining our challenged at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW another beautiful creation Theresa! LOVE that pretty butterfly! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Butterflies’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that HA stamp. Glad you used it - fond memories. Lovely card. So glad you joined us for our “All About the Flowers” August challenge at Die Cut Divas https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, that flower stem is perfection, with the big bright butterfly finishing it off nicely. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. The contrast between the watercolored flower and the crisp edges of the butterfly is delightful. The pink mat of the panel really helps to make the flower pop.Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!