Friday, May 8, 2020

Trying Retiform Technique


Hello! Wednesday I posted a card that was very quick to create and today I have 2 cards that took quite a bit of time to create. Just finding the stamps that I used took a bit of time.  I used the retiform technique that I saw on a Gina K video.  This technique uses sticky notes and sponges to mask off areas of the card and then stamp in each area.  I used mostly Gina K Design stamps from Gifts from the Sea for my first try at the technique.  The sentiment is from another GKD set. The bird head on left is a Repeat Impressions stamp. Other Supplies: White CS, Brown CS, Memento Inks, Distress Oxide Inks.  
Challenges:
Krafty Chicks Challenge: 506 Week Stamp Act-use some form of stamps.
Love To Craft Challenge Blog: LTCCB #46 Anything Goes
Mix It Up Challenge Blog: MIUCB#37 Anything Goes + Masking. Lot of masking on this card.


My second card using the Retiform technique was made for Mother's Day.  I used stamps from several GKD sets including Whimsical Wildflowers, A Year of Flowers 2, Birds & Blossoms, Handmade Botanicals, and Needle Works. Other supplies: White CS, Coral CS, Memento Inks, Distress Oxide Inks, Copics.  
Challenges to Enter: 
Always Fun Challenges: #161 Female or Mom Cards
Use Your Stuff: #397 Flowers and/or Butterflies
Shopping Our Stash Challenge: #419 Happy Mother's Day
Modsquad Challenge: Mother's Day- use word Mother.  Hope word Mom counts. 

Stay Safe!
Stay Healthy!
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful example of the retiform technique. It's not as easy as it looks, and Gina made it look so easy the other night. LOVE these cards. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have never heard of this technique - very cool! Your cards are gorgeous...thank you for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what fabulous designs Theresa! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog!
    Darlene
    ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic retiform cards. I have not made any of these in ages. They are fun to do too as I recall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are amazing Theresa. That technique is so tricky. Have only done it once and wasn't nearly as good as yours. Thabnks for sharing with us at Mix It Up this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful cards, I love the technique!
    Thanks so much for entering our challenge at Artsystamper, hope to see you again!

    Hugs, Zowie {DT} xx

    Crafts from the Fairy Den {My Blog}craftsfromthefairyden

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!