Saturday, May 9, 2020

An Oldie and A Favorite


Hello! That's the message that my card with spring flowers is sending.  I used a very old stamp dated 1999- one of my first PSX stamps and also one of my very favorites.  I stamped the Hydrangeas with Memento Rich Cocoa ink on white cardstock and colored with Copics and a white pencil for highlights. While looking for a background I came across a forgotten bag of papers and ribbon from Club Scrap, which I think was a long ago garage sale buy. Anyway the heavy weight and textured papers, one a pattern of greens and purples and one a solid green, were perfect to go with my Hydrangeas.  Added 2 of the grosgrain ribbons to the image before attaching to the patterned paper and the solid card base. Finished with the die cut word Hello stamped on clear vellum with DOI Wilted Violet.  The stamp and die are by Gina K Designs.  I was excited to discover the forgotten stash of papers and ribbons. 
Challenges:
Double D Challenges: Lavenders~Lilac~Purple any other colors included on the mood board with 'purples' the main focus.  Used purple Copics for coloring. 
Retro Rubber Challenge: #134 Spring Flowers. PSX Stamp is over 20 years old!
Use Your Stuff: #397 Flowers and/or Butterflies
The House That Stamps Built: DCCM620 Spring Flowers
As You Like It Challenge: Favorite color to pair with Purple and why?  I love purple flowers and it is only natural to pair purple with green, don't you agree?
Stamping Sensations: May Challenge-Say it with Flowers.


Another Photo of Card
Stay safe! Stay Healthy! Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

12 comments:

  1. A beautiful card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun find to create your beautiful card!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to used older stamps as it's like using them for the first time again. Your card is superb. Thank you for joining us in our 'Say It With Flowers ' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card you have created for The DD Challenge. Our hydrangeas are just beginning to blossom. Hope you join us for future challenges.
    Kathy
    DD Challenge Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful!! That stamp is gorgeous; I can see why it is one of your favorites! And your coloring is fabulous!!! The papers were a perfect match; what a great find! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! Your coloring is fabulous! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Lavenders~Lilacs~Purples’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful spring flowers. Wonderful coloring. Thanks for sharing over at The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely flowers, I love the soft colors. Thank you for joining Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you, using that PSX stamp -an oldie but goodie for sure - as well as finding your garage sale goodies! It's like Christmas! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber this week! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining the AYLI challenge with your beautiful card - good luck!
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card! I love this image, too! Thanks so much for joining us at The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!