Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Burst of Flowers


Hello!  Monday, I was inspired by the post on Power Poppy by Julie when she showed a quick way to create a card using stippling to add a burst of color.  I was so inspired that I made this quick card which took just a few minutes to make.  I followed the steps she used and  used the same Memento green inks that she used but used Memento red inks for the flowers but they showed up looking more pink than red.  I used Power Poppy Geraniums Take Two set for my image and a sentiment from Dahlias XL set.  I added some splatters of green to the image.  I trimmed the image with Lawn Fawn Stitched Circle die and placed on a background of a patterned paper from Pink Paislee Color Wash pad.  Used a white card base.  Other supplies: Stipple Brushes, Water brush.  Loved how this turned out and how quickly it came together.  Thanks to Julie for the inspiration. 
Challenges:
Creative Confetti Challenge: Quick Color-add a quick splash of color to a card creation. I already had this card completed and it fits the latest challenge.
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon says use dies or punches. Use circle die. 
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Always about using Patterned Paper
Use Your Stuff: #397 Flowers and/or Butterflies
Retro Rubber Challenge: #134 Spring Flowers.  My geranium stamp is from 2014.


Stay Safe!
Stay Healthy!
Have a great day!
I love reading your comments.
Thanks, Theresa

6 comments:

  1. Ahh... Theresa! I love this! Isn't it fun when you can create something beautiful in a jiffy? This is just a ray of happiness! So glad you gave the technique a try and had fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful geraniums and I love the method you used to color them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is real pretty! I need to check out the tutorial as this definitely doesn’t look like it just took a few minutes to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers...love the soft colors. Thank you for joining Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this image and the technique that you used! It matches your blog header! Very pretty! I prefer pink geraniums over the red ones anyway, LOL! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card the subtle colours are beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Beckie x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!