Saturday, April 18, 2020

All in This Together


Welcome to my studio!  I have 2 cards to share today made with the same digital stamp Tulips In a Hobnail Pitcher from Power Poppy.  I was inspired by the Vase shown in the challenge at The Card Concept which has a patterned design. I did something that I never did before and that was to "paper piece" a digital image since I wanted to have a patterned vase on my card.  Through the magic of Photoshop  Elements, I was able to use digital paper and fill in a section of a digital image before printing the image.  The digital paper was actually a file I made by scanning patterned paper from Shabby Rose Collection by Our Daily Bread and I used a section of that paper to piece in to the vase of the digital image.  I included a close up of the vase below. Now that I figured this out, I can use any digital paper to fill in a portion of a digital image... this is easier than printing an image on patterned paper and then fussy cutting to attach to a printed image to do piecing. 
I printed the paper pieced image twice on heavyweight white card stock to make the 2 cards.
For the top card, I colored the image with Copics and trimmed the edges with a corner punch. With Memento Gray Ink, I stamped an appropriate sentiment  for the time we are living in........ found this in Power Poppy's  Sassy Succulents set.     Completed the card with a Gray Woodgrain card base (also inspired by the challenge photo) that I made with a Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Scor-Pal, Gray CS, and white ink. 

For the second card, I added some blues flowers to the printed image using a Hero Arts stamp, blue ink, and masking.  I used different Copics to color the image but used the same sentiment.  Finished with a Blue card base.  I am not sure which version that I like best but I do like the addition of the blue flowers. 
I really like how well the pattern on the vase turned out. I even surprised myself a bit accomplishing that.  A close up view of the vase:
Challenges:
The Flower Challenge: #43 Spring/Autumn
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon says Knock on Wood-used woodgrain embossing folder to create my own wood background.
Creative Confetti Challenge:  Let's Go Digital- Used digital stamp Tulips in a Hobnail Pitcher
The Card Concept: Challenge #133 Hello Spring. Had lots of inspiration from this photo. 


Stay safe! Stay Healthy!
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

6 comments:

  1. So beautiful and it is amazing how you did the paper piecing digitally. I would not have the faintest idea how to do that so I guess I would have to just print the same design onto pattern paper and do it the old way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card -- I love your paper pieced image!! Thanks for playing along at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely Theresa, such a clever card and beautiful flowers too.Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Theresa love the addition of the pattern paper to the jug, looks amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow! I love the way you not only mixed and matched images to get a little more bang out of that vase of tulips but the paper piecing just added the right WOW factor. Both images are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!