Tuesday, April 14, 2020

A Girl in the Garden


Hello! Today I have a card for the current challenge #57  at The Library.  The book for this challenge is A Child's Garden of Verses shown below.  I was inspired by the cover layout and colors as well as the picture of the girl.  I treated the cover as if it were a sketch challenge for a card.  I printed out a digital image of a Flower Girl by Inger Harding from my files that I saved in 2010. I colored the image with Copics  and added some glitter gems to the flowers. Cut the image with an oval die and framed with a Yellow frame die cut with Cheery Lynn Swedish Spring Oval die. Finished with a sentiment from Power Poppy stamps die cut with circle dies. Used a  Blue card base. 

Challenges:
As You Like It Challenge: Animals or People-which is your favorite and why?  I like to create cards with people although they are a challenge to color and I like to be challenged. But of course my favorite theme is flowers so I chose to use this flower girl. 
Happy Little Stampers: April Anything Goes With Dies
Love To Scrap Challenge: LTSCB #132 For the Girls
The Paper Players: PP486 Color Challenge.  The bit of green may not fit into challenge? but I do have blues, yellow, and gray.
The Library Challenge: #57 A Child's Garden of Verses


Stay Safe! Stay Healthy!
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

4 comments:

  1. Isn’t this sweet. You had the nicest image to go with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect take on the cover! So pretty and beautifully put-together. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful image and I love the beautiful coloring too. It makes for a fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Theresa. Beautiful colours and image. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!