Monday, April 13, 2020
Going Square
Hello! I decided to make another card with this flower stamp (used in yesterday's post) from Gina K Designs Whimsical Wildflowers set from 2018 and also used GKD sentiment stamp from Wild Blossoms. I created a square card 5"x 5".... I don't make many square cards but I came across some square envelopes in my stash and thought I'd make some cards to use with them. I stamped the flowers with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on white card stock and colored with Copics. I matted the image with a green card stock mat and placed on a pink card base. I scored 2 lines on each side of the base to frame the image but they do not show up in photo (can just see on the top edge). Keeping with the square element, I added the sentiment stamped in green ink on a small square of white cs matted with a square of pink cs.
Challenges:
Monthly Mix Challenge: Spring Fling-make spring theme card.
Just Us Girls Challenge: Trend Week #531 A square card featuring at least one square shape.
Retro Rubber Challenge: # 32 Be There or Be Square! I used a stamp from 2018 on my square card.
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon says Spring Mood Board
Stay Safe! Stay Healthy!
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




This is a beautiful card - gorgeous image, gorgeous colouring. Square cards are nice but I seldom make them either, mainly because of not having envelopes for them, so having some in your stash was a good find. Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card design and they remind me of the wild roses that grow along the roadsides.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a lovely card, Theresa. I love all the details with the scoring and the matted sentiment. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty bouquet, I love those soft colors. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.
ReplyDeleteYour colouring is lovely, the soft tones are great. I really like your scoring too. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! The off-set sentiment square works perfectly. Thanks so much for playing along with our Be Square Challenge at Retro Rubber!
ReplyDeletelovely card! I really like the added details of scoring around the edges .Thank you for joining us in the Spring Fling challenge over at Gina K Designs.
ReplyDelete