Thursday, January 2, 2020

A Peony for A Birthday



Welcome!  Switching off to making some birthday cards but still doing Christmas cards.  I created this design for the Creative Confetti Challenge Free For All - to create anything  you desire using Power Poppy stamps.  I pulled out one of my favorites Power Poppy clear stamp sets Peony Muse and stamped the smaller peony with Memento Pink ink (heat embossed with Clear EP) and the leaves and stems with Memento Green Ink.  I colored the image with Copics and used a White Pencil for some highlights. I trimmed the image with an Oval die and cut a mat from Gold Metallic CS with a Scallop Oval die. I attached this at an angle on to DCWV patterned stripe paper with gold foil accent stripes.  Added a White Organdy Ribbon with Gold Threads and attached die cut words cut from Pink CS with Cheery Lynn Dies.  Added some sparkle to the words with Sakura Clear Star pen. Finished with a card base of heavy weight white cardstock.

Challenges:
Seize The Birthday: #180 Layer It
Make My Monday Challenge: #112a Female Birthday
Creative Confetti: Free For All-use Power Poppy stamps.
Tuesday Morning Sketches: #535 Annual Anything Goes Challenge


Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa


8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I love the flower and how the oval is offset a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous stamp and colouring the background paper is perfect with the image thank you for joining us at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous and weir designed. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card -- that flower is so pretty. Thanks for joining in at STB

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so lovely. It looks so simple and effective. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card. Love the background with gold shine stripes. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and elegant card!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card!!! Thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!