Monday, August 5, 2019
Paper Towel with Poppies.
Morning! I am always interested in trying new techniques and using new products for making cards. For this card I am using Paper Towels which I had on my work station. I was inspired by Loll's challenge at CAS Mix Up challenge to use/recycle inky paper towels. For my card I used a paper towel inked with Blue Distress Oxide inks and transferred colors on to a White CS. Check out Loll's video for instructions here. Before I added the flower you could see part of the word "Bounty" in the paper towel imprint. But I am not advertising any particular towel, just what I had and was not paying attention to what section of the towel I used. To finish the card I added some die cut flowers- Memory Box Darling Poppies- from Yellow and Green CS scraps. Stamped the GKD sentiment with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink. Attached to a Blue Card base.
Challenges:
CAS Mix Up Challenge: Paper Towel + Stamping + Your Choice (Die Cuts)
Happy Little Stampers: August CAS Challenge Only One Third
Die Cuttin Divas: Challenge #431 Anything Goes. Used Memory Box Darling Poppies
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa
Posted by
Theresa's Studio
Labels:
Die Cuts,
Distress Oxide Inks,
Flowers,
GKD Stamp,
Memory Box Die,
Paper Towel,
Poppies,
Thanks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Theresa you achieved such a cool background with lots of texture and I love how you designed your gorgeous flowers. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up this month.
ReplyDeleteThe effect of the paper towel technique looks fabulous and with the extra advantage of the text.....LOL x Beautiful card and a wonderful addition to the CAS Mix Up gallery .....Thank you for playing along x.
ReplyDeleteSuch wonderful results with your paper towel. Looks great!
ReplyDeleteLovely background with the paper towel technique. The pretty yellow poppies look great against the blue. TFS
ReplyDeleteYou've covered the Bounty very well, Theresa! I love the patterns from the paper towel and those bright, yellow poppies! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!
ReplyDeleteThe paper towel transfer is really awesome Theresa! So funny that you could read "Bounty". :) The gorgeous yellow flowers are a wonderful contrast against the blue. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful and fits the challenge so perfectly. Wonderful design! Thanks for sharing at HLS CAS this week!
ReplyDeleteYour paper towel transfer made a beautiful background for your pretty yellow poppies, Theresa! The combination of the long vertical line and the short horizontal sentiment is very interesting and wonderful design-wise. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up!
ReplyDeleteHideko xx