Monday, July 8, 2019

Christmas in July

Hello!  Did you know that Santa stays at the beach in July? At least that is where he is on my card!  I used some very old stamps to create this beach scene with Santa.  My background was stamped with Flourishes Beach Life set from 2010 using Memento Black ink and colored with Copics.  Santa standing in front of the Palm Trees with a Hammock is from a 2012 Mark Finest Papers set.   I framed the square image with Pattern Paper that has squares in the design from my stash.  Finished with Cheery Lynn die cut sentiment and card base of red card stock.
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa
Challenges:
Retro Rubber Challenge: #114 Christmas in July.  Stamps from 2010 and 2012.  Second entry...felt guilty than my first entry was so simple...so I entered this.
Double Trouble Challenge: #32  Be Square-Christmas in July. Use Something Square with old stamp. My stamps are over 7 years old and I created beach scene for extra entry.
Merry Little Christmas Challenge: #12 July Anything Christmas Goes
Addicted To Stamps and More: Challenge 348 Holiday
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: July Always about using Patterned Paper.
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: 445 Anything Christmas with Optional Twist For a man or boy
Double D Challenges: Tropical Challenge.  Santa is in the tropics.




8 comments:

  1. Great combination of stamps to get Santa to the beach! Love the choice of the tartan paper that echoes the square of your main panel. Lovely job of the combined Retro Rubber/Double Trouble challenge. Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card Theresa! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Tropical’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funky and cool! Love the cute Santa. Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. All the best! Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card made me smile! Thank you for showing us your patterned papers at Crafty Hazel Nut's Patterned Paper Monthly Challenge - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I agree, I think Santa totally lives at the beach in July. I would if I were him! Cute card, love the tartan background, making your santa stand out even more. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the plaid background and your Santa at the beach image is nicely colored and hopefully he gets in his bathing suit and rests in the hammock...he's got a busy day ahead of him, well six months away anyway. Adorable and fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Retro Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a Santa sort of Christmas card! Great job with the challenges, and such a lovely card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! Your Santa scene is fabulous but my favorite feature is the tartan paper. (Are my Scots roots showing through?) Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble Challenge #32.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!