Hello! I tried something new today in the studio. I used the Bokeh technique in making this card. That is giving a visual look of out of focus areas as in a photograph. I have seen many cards and tutorials with this technique and thought I should give it a try. I was inspired to so by the January challenge at CAS Mix It Up Card challenge which is the Bokeh Technique + Stamping + our choice. I started with a blank panel of white cardstock and sponged it with 3 DOI Peacock Feathers, Broken China, and Faded Jeans. Using a template that I made with circle dies and a piece of thin acrylic, I sponged on various circles with Hero Arts White ink. This is one of those techniques when you are not sure when to stop or add more. I stopped when my instinct told I had enough ink and circles. With my background completed, I trimmed it to the size needed and layered on card base and cardstock layer of Turquoise and Lavender. But first I double stamped a GKD sentiment from You Have My Heart set with Versamark and heat embossed with WOW Silver EP. I edged the Bokeh layer with a Metallic Silver Pilot Marker before attaching to the card. Finished with some silver sequins.
I am very pleased with my first try with Bokeh and hope to do another card using water coloring and Bokeh. Checkout more information about Bokeh at CAS Mix It Up Card Challenge.
Challenges to enter:
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon says Something New. I used the Bokeh Technique which is new to me.
Monthly Mix Challenge GK Designs: January Challenge is “My Sentiments Exactly!” Use only a sentiment stamp - no images or patterned papers. This link goes to Gina K. Designs which you may not be able to go to unless you are a member?
CAS Mix It Up Challenge: January Bokeh + Stamping + Your Choice. I used Bokeh, stamping, heat embossing, sponging, stenciling, sequins.
Have a great day! I love reading your comments.
Theresa
Thursday, January 3, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Beautiful card and I love the bokeh look.
ReplyDeleteFantastic job done, Theresa! You've done it so well that I can't believe this is your first try. I love your Bokeh effect and the colors you used. The silver heat-embossed sentiment, the metallic silver colored edges, and the sequins add a very nice shine to the soft background.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this beauty at CAS Mix Up!
Hideko xx
Your Bokeh background looks like you've been doing it for a long time, Theresa! It's beautiful with just the right amount of circles! Love the sweet, simple embossed sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome job on that Bokeh! Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge!
ReplyDeleteGreat job with the Bokeh background Theresa. A perfectly placed sentiment and a few sparklies just highlight the lovely subtle background. Thanks for joining CAS Mix Up!
ReplyDeleteViv (GDT January)
You've done a great job, with the new to you, technique. The colours are gorgeous and the pop of silver looks fabulous. Wonderful card and thank you for joining in the challenge at The CAS Mix Up with your beautiful card x.
ReplyDeleteHi Theresa, this is such a pleasing card, from the colors to the soft bokeh effect! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!
ReplyDeleteWow - I love how you did this it is great. Love the colour choices too.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous background sponging and color combination, Theresa. Your bokeh circles turned out beautifully as well as your framing and heat embossed sentiment. TFS and I am so pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. I hope you do get to play again. Hugs..Nancy
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing Theresa!! You have mastered this technique on the first try! Gorgeous colours, perfect white circles to create such depth on a one layer panel. The silver edging on your panel ties it in to your silver sentiment ... another great design element. And your double framing is so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card. Love the colors.
ReplyDeleteWow, what a beautiful card! I love how your bokeh came out, the colors are so pretty together. I love the layers too, the sequins just finish it off perfectly with at beautiful sentiment. You did a wonderful job with the bokeh for the first time! Hugs, Brenda
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card Theresa, love the soft pretty colours. they work perfectly for the Bokeh technique. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up.
ReplyDeleteNICELY DONE!!! LOVE the blues!!! ;)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful soft Bokeh, love the colours and the result is perfect for the challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx
ReplyDeleteLove this card, Theresa! Your Bokeh is spectacular!
ReplyDelete