Welcome! One of the newest challenges in blogland and a fun one is the TwoFer Card Challenge - we are to make 2 different designs for 2 different occasions using the same stamps and/or dies. The August prompt is Geometric and I chose to use a rectangle stamp from Gina K Tropical Windows set. For the first card, I stamped the rectangle 5 times with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on a White CS and spelled HELLO in Memento Red ink using a Martha Stewart alphabet set. I added a Fancy Lady (my DH's name for her) from an old Flourishes set Glamour Girls that I stamped in black ink. I stamped the feathers on her hat with Versamark and heat embossed with Red EP. Finished with a card base of Red CS.
The second card has a Christmas theme. I stamped the rectangle 3 times in blue, red, and green to make gifts for under the tree. I colored each gift with Copics and decorated with designs using a gold pen. Added stamped and die cut bows to the packages. I stamped a tree with Annabelle stamps and Green ink and fussy cut before popping up on the card. A die cut star of Gold Metallic CS topped the tree and a Gold Embossed sentiment was added below the gifts. Hero Arts die cuts and sentiment were used. Fun way to use the rectangle stamp. Used a Red CS for the base.
Challenges:
Twofer Card Challenge: Used rectangle stamp for my Geometric.
CAS Christmas Card Challenge: August Challenge Tree
The Merry Christmas Challenge: Anything Christmas


Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

Just spotted your beautiful cards over in the Twofer Challenge. Your first card is so elegant and stylish and I love the modern design of your Christmas card. xx
ReplyDeleteI love how you have used your rectangle stamps for this month's Twofer challenge, Theresa! You did a beautiful job executing the HELLO in the squares and red heat-embossing the feather in the fancy lady's hat was a great idea for a pop of color! And what would Christmas be without colorful rectangle presents with gold bows under a gorgeous green Christmas tree?! Another great idea and great design!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #8! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDeleteWow, love your clever ways of using this rectangle stamp! The "fancy" lady card is so fun with the stamped sentiment in the rectangles. Love that and love how it looks! I also love how clever you were about the gifts for the tree. Such a cute Christmas card! I really had to look to see where you used your rectangles on the Christmas card. lol Hugs, Brenda
ReplyDeleteLovely and creative cards. Love the patterned Christmas tree with the presents underneath. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas this month.
ReplyDeleteSuch great use of that single rectangle, Theresa ... love how they draw the eye to the sentiment on that elegant monochrome-with-a-touch-of-red first card ... and what a super idea to create gifts for under the tree, they're beautifully wrapped ... and adorned wonderfully with those flourishy bows! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)
ReplyDeleteTwo fantastic cards, Theresa! I love how you've filled the boxes with the letters and that lovely lady with her gorgeous feathered hat is fabulous! Love your Christmas tree too with the pretty packages! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!
ReplyDeletetwo great cards, the squares are so perfect for presents and the bottom of the Christmas tree and your HELLO. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun challenge and such great stamping. Love the Christmas tree and presents. Thanks for sharing on The Merry Christmas Challenge blog.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Twofer, Theresa! I love how you used your rectangles so completely differently! Your fancy lady and the CAS design of the card look amazing with the letters. How clever to create packages and I love that you added the gold details! They look wonderful under your Christmas tree! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!
ReplyDeleteGreat twoers, Theresa! I didn't see where you used the same stamp or die at first! How clever you are to use the rectangles for the sentiment boxes and the gift boxes!
ReplyDeleteThe design of the Christmas tree is unique and I love it! Thanks so much for sharing the beautiful tree card at CAS Christmas! Hideko xx
Two wonderful cards using your rectangles, Theresa!! So clever to use the to spell out a hello for your first card. And then as gifts under the tree. So creative and clever! The tree is gorgeous with the pattern. Thanks for sharing with us at Twofer Card Challenge and CAS Christmas!
ReplyDeleteSuch a charming tree and I love how you lined up the Christmas gifts on your design! Two beautiful cards, Theresa!
ReplyDelete