Hello! This card was inspired by the challenge Trend Week #423 at Just Us Girls to use a Galaxy Background/Night Sky. I actually began with a piece of White CS that I had used to absorb a spill of Metallic Blueberry Mist shown below. I cut a section of the paper and layered with some Distress Oxide inks using Black Soot, Faded Jeans, Fossilized Amber, and Wilted Violet until I got the galaxy look. The sparkle from the Metallic mist shows in real life but not so much in the photo. I stamped Stars and Sentiment from Hero Arts with Versamark and heat embossed with Gold EP. Used a Gold Metallic CS for the card base.
Challenges:
Tuesday Throwdown: #375 Distressing.
Stamping Sensations: January-Cold and Frosty Colors
Have a great day! I love reading your comments.
Theresa




very pretty!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you recycled your ink spill really well! Very cool look!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful galaxy! Your background is amazing and I love how you came up with it. That Hero Arts set is perfect for this. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!
ReplyDeleteI love all the lights and darks in your sky, Theresa, and that little meteor shower. ;) Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.
ReplyDelete