Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Bridal Bouquet

Brenda's challenge at Stamp TV this week is to use the cover of "Brides" magazine as an inspiration for a card.
The challenge at City Crafter is to create anything wedding related.
I decided to make a card focusing on a bridal bouquet in the colors of pink, green, and ivory. I used the shaving cream technique to create a background of marbleized pinks and greens which I think is quite romantic.This was my first attempt at this and the house has smelled like shaving cream all day. I stamped 3 roses with pink,  covered with versamark, and heat embossed with White Pearls EP for the effect of shiny. Assembled the cut out roses into a bouquet using foam dots and added green stems and satin bow. I completed my card using a sketch from Stamping 411 challenge (see right photo) using mats of green, pink, ivory, and the print paper and added more ribbon. Meant to add pearls to the streamers but forgot. Finished with a sentiment "Best Wishes".
Entered into Artful Inkables Challenge: Use a new technique, go out of your comfort zone, make something completely different than you normally would make.
Stamps: GKD "A Year of Flowers" and "Pressed Flowers"
Ink: SU Pixie Pink
       Memento Angel Pink
CS: From stash
Thanks for dropping by.
Theresa

15 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! Amazing color and great use of the sketch! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! Great DP, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card, and I love the way you tied up the bouquet with the thin satin ribbon! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So,so pretty! Love your bouquet! You rock GF! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Artful INKables!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at all those cahllenges, you go girl, this is absolutely gorgeous! Hope you win em all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card, looks like a bridal bouquet. thanks
    for joining us at the CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Pretty, Love those soft colors! Thanks for playing along this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous!! LOVE that bloom!! Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful flower and great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GF! you are so awesome - this card is gorgeous and you know I'm lovin the shavin cream! hey, at least it smells good LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and I love the rose!!! Thank you for joining us at the Artful INKable challenge!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow -- love the marbelized roses! What a beautiful card! Well done!!! Thanks so much for playing along with the 411 Operators this week! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!