Here's a challenge from one of the blogs that I follow: Shelly's Stamping Stuff . Shelley has a Spring Flower Challenge for us to use her photo of the lupine flowers (see below right) growing in her front yard to make a card using the colors from the photos as inspiration. Lupines are one of my favorites but I do not have any left in my garden.
I made this card using a stamp of lupines that I layered on a background that I made with the shaving cream technique. I used the water misting technique and stamped the lupines on watercolor paper. Added some ribbon and bling with a GKD sentiment to use as a get well card. Check out her fun challenge by going to the link above. While you are there, make a comment and become a follower.
Stamps: Hero Arts Lupine
GKD Sentiment
Papers: Watercolor Paper
Bazzill Pink CS
Ribbon and bling from stash
What a fun challenge to find. Thanks, Shelly!
Theresa
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Lupines in the Garden
Posted by
Theresa's Studio
Labels:
Birthday,
Flower Cards,
Gina K Stamps,
Hero Arts,
Watercolor Spritz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Theresa,
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card! I'm sad to say that my lupines are beginning to fade and go to seed. I love the way you incorporated the shaving cream technique with your card. Thanks for playing!
Sooooo pretty! I love lupines! Shelly only lives about 50 miles from me and her flowers are way ahead of mine :)
ReplyDeleteanother beauty - glad to see you "dipped" more than one card in the shavin cream - i love these flowers too but didnt know their name!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flowers and your card is tops! gorgeous back ground
ReplyDeleteTheresa, Love the shaving cream background...gorgeous! I want to try the water misting sometime...turned out great. Thanks for leaving a comment about Isabella's. I didn't know until then. I appreciate you stopping by lately and your comments. You are sweet.
ReplyDelete