Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fall Is In the Air

I love the feel of fall and the colors of fall leaves. This week Joan's Gardens has a fall color challenge - Include Leaves on your card , Fall colors, Tree and/or bird , and use a product sold at Joan's Gardens. I made the background paper using a sheet of clear vellum paper and drops of SU reinkers Real Red, Old Olive, More Mustard, and Ruby Red squirted on a crafting mat.  I laid the paper on the mat and created this very fall colored paper. After drying my vellum paper, I attached it to cardstock and embossed with Cuttlebug EF Birds and Swirls. I glued this to a base card of Pumpkin. Since I had out the reinkers, I then added ink to some paper towels to create a multi color pad of the fall colors. Using an old PSX Maple leaf stamp I stamped leaves on Orange cardstock and fussy cut and placed with pop up dots on my card. The sentiment from GKD was stamped with Memento Espresso Truffle ink on the orange cardstock and trimmed with a Spellbinders tag die. Added a bit of grosgrain ribbon. Also added a bird of Copper Metallic cardstock punched with a Marianne die.
Used Marianne Die, Vellum for Grafix pad, Memento Ink,and E6000 Spray Adhesive all available at Joan's Gardens.   www.atjoansgardens.com
Other Challenges:
Craft Your Passion: Autumn/Fall Colors
Oldie but a Goodie: Dies and Punches...Used very old stamps from PSX and GKD. Dies are also over 6 months old.
Fab 'n' Funky: Leaves

Sorry the photo is a little crooked.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Theresa, wow this is gorgeous. your colors turned out so beautiful. Great design too.

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge!
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so pretty! I love the rich autumn colours and the little trims and bits. The embossing works so well in the background. Thank you for sharing! :)

joy said...

Beautiful!

Angelique said...

Gorgeous.Love the embossed background paper and colours.
Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky

Huggsss, Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

Michelle said...

Beautifull card. Lovely leaves.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
xxx Michelle

Pat K said...

Gorgeous autumn card with beautiful leaves and sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week. hugs, Pat K xx

Kaylee Snyder said...

This is so pretty. I love the delicate leave. Thanks for sharing at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again!

Dips said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card, great use of dies and punches. Thank you so much for entering my challenge theme on an Oldie But A Goodie, and good luck!