Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Love with Hearts and Flowers




Hello!  The card that I am posting was inspired by the challenge at CAS Mix Up challenge which is to use Faux Cloisonne. This technique is new to me so I watched the tutorials listed with the challenge and had to give it a try.  I chose a page (shown below) from an old Martha Stewart Living magazine to use for my design.  I stamped a portion of the glossy page with a Gina K Design stamp from Tropical Blooms set (2018) using Versamark ink and then heat embossed with Gold EP. Next time, I think I'd attach the glossy page to a cardstock before stamping since the paper stuck to the stamp and I only got one chance to stamp with ink even though I was using the Misti.  
I used a Gina K die to cut the image which I attached to Stick It before cutting.  This made it much easier to adhere the image to the card stock panel of Gina K White CS. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from Gina K You Have My Heart Set. I also added a die cut heart cut with Gina K Die from GKD Gold Metallic CS. To finish, I edged the panel with Pilot Gold Metallic Marker, attached it to a layer of Pink CS from stash, and then to a White Card Base. 
I will be sending this card to my Mother for Valentine's. I think the Cloisonne technique gives an "antiquey" vibe to the card. 
Challenges:
ModSquad Challenge: Hearts and Flowers. Used Gina K Stamps and Dies as listed above. 
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon Says With Love.  I put a lot of love into my card.
Retro Rubber Challenge: 175 Love, Love, Love! Stamps used are all from 2018 sets. 

Cas Mix Up Challenge: Used Stamping, Die cutting, Heat Embossing

9 comments:

  1. A perfect page to "color" your flowers, Theresa! A beautiful valentine for your mother! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Bonnie, that t was a gorgeous page to use for this technique! Your card is very beautiful! Thank you so much for playing with us at CAS Mix Up:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing technique - I've never heard of it, and your card came out stunning! Amazing details, and what a process! Such a fascinating finish! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mother will Love her antique floral card design from her loving daughter:-) TFS your gorgeous card and your description of your faux cloisonne technique, Theresa. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. How FUN!!! I have often thought that magazine pages are a perfect source for interesting patterned paper. You are a GENIUS!!Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Mod Squad. Hope to see you back again soon!!

    Judy~ MSC Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Faux Cloisonné spray of flowers Theresa and such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us this month for the Mixed Media challenge at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card well done. He found some lovely paper to employ the Cloisonné technique on. I’m sure your mother will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool technique! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card with beautiful colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber! Neva DT

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!