Sunday, September 6, 2020
Stencil and Leaves
Hello! It's beginning to feel like fall and I love to make fall cards with beautiful autumn colors. I was playing with a GKD Stencil Rounded Swirl when I designed this card. I used Distress Oxide Inks Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey, and Spiced Marmalade with the stencil on white cardstock blending the colors from light to dark and used masking to create a stripe. I stamped leaves from GKD A Year of Leaves set with the same inks and water colored with a water brush. I stamped one leaf and fussy cut it and attached with foam tape for dimension. The sentiment is from GKD Skeleton Leaves. I added some dew drops in different colors that blended with colors of the swirls. I have had these dew drops for years and never seem to deplete the supply. Before attaching the base card of GKD Kissed Autumn card stock, I added an orange satin ribbon ......the card just called for that finishing touch.
Challenges:
ModSquad Challenge: Step up your stencil. Use a stencil on your card front, and then take it up a notch by embellishing it! Use dewdrops for the embellishment.
Monthly Mix Challenge: September challenge by Donna is Fall is almost here.
As You Like It Challenge: Favorite Way to Use Ribbon and Why. Like to use ribbon in a simple way to add color, Usually a simple flat ribbon with no bow.
Time Out Challenges: Theme Challenge 169 Season with optional twist of coloring
Just Us Girls: #552 Word Week Leaves
Stay Safe and Healthy!
Have a great day! I love reading your comments.
Theresa
Posted by
Theresa's Studio
Labels:
Dew Drops,
Distress Oxide Inks,
Fall,
Fussy Cuts,
GKD Paper,
GKD Stamps,
GKD Stencil,
Ink Blending,
Ribbon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I absolutely agree that ribbon definitely adds colour and a bit of texture to a card. Love the colours you have used on this lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at AYLI. Sarah Dt
ReplyDeleteLove the layout of your card? The stencil side just adds a great touch to your card. Thanks for playing along with the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix!
ReplyDeleteThis is so gorgeous. I love the colors.
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful and elegant! Love the wonderful colors and design. Thank you so much for taking the time to play along with us at Time Out!
ReplyDeleteYour orange ribbon matches perfectly with your pretty colours. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT
ReplyDeleteBeautiful fall card! I love your ink blending and the unique layout and design of this card. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful. I LOVE your colors here. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
ReplyDeleteJudy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!
Beautiful card, love the design and your ink blending. Thanks for joining Gina K. Monthly Mix Challenge.
ReplyDelete