Sunday, September 6, 2020

Pattern on Pattern


Hello! Back again today with another post.  It has been awhile since I entered Tuesday Morning Sketch so I made this card from some fall papers that I had on my desk. They are from a paper pad The Simple Things from GKD.  I had the papers for some time and thought I would put to good use. I used 2 of the patterns layering one die cut with an oval die over a panel of the darker pattern. I stamped some leaves using GKD stamps from A Year Of Leaves and Skeleton Leaves on scraps from a gold card stock, fussy cut them, and inked the edges before arranging on the card. Used DOI Wild Honey for stamping and coloring on the leaves.  Finished with a sentiment from Skeleton Leaves stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa on scrap of turquoise paper matted on  a gold strip.  For fun I fussy cut some acorns from the pattern and added to the sentiment.

Challenges:
Monthly Mix Challenge: Donna's Challenge is Fall is almost here! Used GKD Papers and Stamps.
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper: Always about Using Patterned Papers
Double D Challenges: Colorful Challenge
Tuesday Morning Sketches: #570 Sketch shown below.





Note: I did not realize my card was so similar to Angela's card at Tuesday Morning until I was writing my post. Maybe I saw her card when I first read the challenge and it stuck in my mind?? And I thought I had an original design but it looks like I cased Angela unintentionally.

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

8 comments:

  1. What a pretty fall card! Your leaves are great! (Lots of fussy cutting! Wow!)
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty colors! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all things GKD including your pretty, pretty Fall card! Lots of fussy cutting, but it was well worth it! Just lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Double D, Colorful Challenge, Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty fall card and design! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so pretty Theresa! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Colorful’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! I love the fall colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper.

    Stacey DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your autumn card, love the colors and the layout of the card. Thanks for joining Gina K. Monthly Mix Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!