Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Sunflowers Brighten the Day


I have so many favorite flowers and one of them is beautiful Sunflowers... big glorious colorful ones. I am not sure if they are considered summer or fall but they are great for transitioning into the fall season.  I created this card using 2 digital images from Power Poppy Sunflower Power set that I arranged and printed on white card stock. I added a frame so that the image was in and out of the frame.....did with a Black Pen and a straight edge.  (I tried to add the frame using Photoshop Elements the way that Julie did for her challenge but I gave up and took an easy way.) I colored the image with Copics.  I stamped a sentiment from Power Poppy Peony Muse set with Versamark and first heat embossed with Chestnut EP. Then I did a second embossing with Gold Metallic EP because I did not have enough contrast between the frame and the words.  I like the results and also glad that I stamped the sentiment so that it was also in and out of the frame. Finished with a card base of GKD  Faded Brick CS. My DH said this card was "strong".
Challenges:
Double D Challenges: Theme is Sunflowers
Creative Confetti Challenge: Inside Out-take your main image in & out of frame.
Artsystamper Digitals Challenge: #22 Fall Flowers







Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Theresa! I love the way you layered up the sunflowers! I have never thought of doing that but now you have inspired me. What a pretty card! My favorite flower is the sunflower as well -- just makes me smile! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunflowers are so pretty and your card is great. Love the coloring. Thanks for joining us at ARTSYSTAMPER DIGITALS
    Good luck and we hope you join us again soon
    Hugs, Barbara - DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layering of the sunflowers and beautifully designed card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and great layering! So glad you linked up to the Double D challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Theresa this is so, so pretty! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Sunflowers’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again and I still think this card is just lovely! Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog! Good Luck in the draw and hope to see you again next challenge!

    Darlene
    ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!