Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Quilting with Patterned Papers


Hello!  The current challenge at Modsquad is to create a project using at least 3 different patterned papers.  A fun way to use patterns is to create a quilt so that is what I did in my design.  I combined several patterns from GKD Autumn Landscape and Sunkissed Autumn paper pads with older stamps from GKD Nana's Needlework set from 2010. I stamped the quilt rack on a woodgrain patterned paper from stash with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and fussy cut the image.  I stamped the quilt on 3 different GKD papers and fussy cut out the pieces and assembled into a pieced quilt. Assembled the quilt and rack on to a white card stock panel, stamped the GKD sentiment with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink, and attached to a panel of another patterned paper from GKD. Used a card base of GKD Fresh Asparagus card stock.  For fun I added a couple of red hearts, die cuts from another project.  In all I used 5 different patterned papers. 
Challenges:
Modsquad Challenge: Patterned Paper Trio
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Always about using Patterned Papers
Retro Rubber Challenge: #141 Anything Goes using Stamps older than a year .  Stamps used are from a 2010 stamp set.

Stay safe! Stay Healthy!
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful card and I love the quilt hangar for your pretty quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! What a beautiful way to use those pattern paper scraps we can't seem to want to throw away. I love the quilt rack too.
    Thank you for playing at RETRO RUBBER.
    XO
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I haven't seen that stamp set in years. I own that, you have inspired me to pull it out again. How clever to make a "quilt" with patterned papers!!! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!


    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I love your little quilt, and you're right, the scraps we all save would make perfect quilts! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea and looks so real! gorgeous! Thank you for entering the Gina K Designs challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!