Wednesday, August 12, 2020
Drummers Drumming
Hello! I have been playing with more stamps from The Twelve Days of Christmas stamp set from Creative Stamping Magazine. I used a drum stamp that I inked with versamark and heat embossed with Gold EP. I stamped the sentiments with the same technique. While I was at it, I decided to do 2 cards but with different color combos. The top card was stamped on white card stock and colored with gold, ivory, reds, and blue copics. I used a Turquoise card base. The second card was made with ivory card stock and colored with Copics in more traditional Christmas colors red, green, and gold. I used a Green Metallic Foil card stock behind the image and attached to an ivory base. I used a Gold Metallic marker to edge the image for each card before assembling the cards. This gives the appearance of another layer without the extra weight.
Challenges:
CAS Christmas Card Challenge: August 12 Days of Christmas (2nd entry)
Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog: MLCCB#25 Anything Christmas Goes
The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up: Challenge #68 Optional Twist Shimmer or Shine
Make My Monday: 128 Clean and Simple
Mix It Up Challenge Blog: MIUCB#25 Anything goes + Embossing
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa
Posted by
Theresa's Studio
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Wow - you're getting some great mileage from that magazine freebie, Theresa! Just love both versions of your drum card - the gold embossing looks amazing and I love your coloring!!
ReplyDeleteAnother wonderful Christmas design. Great set for that song.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining in at MMM with these beautifully coloured cards,the drum image is a great size
ReplyDeletethis is fantastic, love that big drum and how wonderful to color them in different colors and get two cards! Thank you so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!
ReplyDeleteTwo beautiful Christmas cards Theresa!! You are on a roll!! The drum is fantastic in both sets of colours. I really LOVE the green metallic card front on your second cards. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!
ReplyDeleteYou had the perfect stamp set for the challenge Theresa! love your colorful gold embossed drums - and you've got two more cards made! thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas!
ReplyDeleteWonderful design! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday Challenge.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Such a CAS perfection. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.
ReplyDeletewonderful way of getting your Christmas cards created. Love both colours and such a great freebee. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)
ReplyDeleteThat gold embossing is such a great touch! Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenges
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards Theresa! Loving the gold embossing and a great Christmas card! Thanks for joining the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up for our shimmer & shine challenge!
ReplyDeleteGreat CAS classic Christmas cards. Thanks for joining us at MIUCB
ReplyDeleteTina dt