Thursday, April 16, 2020
Majestic Bird
Hello! This is a good time to check on your friends and I thought this card would be nice to send someone to let them know we care. I was inspired by the Tic Tac Toe Challenge at The House That Stamps Built. I was a bit stumped for an idea at first but decided to start with Heron and sentiment stamps from Repeat Impressions and build from there. I stamped and heat embossed the image and words with Black Ink and Clear EP on white card stock which gave a great definition to the feathers. I added some brown flocking to the cattails and glossy accents to the beak and legs which added texture but I needed to add dimension which I did by adding white foam to the back of the cut out image before attaching to the Glittery Patterned Paper background. Now to use piercing which is the other element in Row 1, I added piercing to the water area which gave it some definition. Like the choice of patterned paper that I used....goes well with the colors in the image and it has a lot of glitter stripes- hard to see in photo.
Challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Always about using Patterned Paper
Artsystampers Digitals Challenge: #13 Things with Wings
The House That Stamps Built: Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge A820 - used top row Piercing-Birds-Dimension
Stay Safe! Stay Healthy!
Have a great day!
I love reading your comments.
Thanks, Theresa
Posted by
Theresa's Studio
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Love this Theresa! Thanks for entering our challenge at Artsystamper Digitals Challenge! I truly hope we see you again soon. Hugs, Bev ARTSYSTAMPER DIGITALS
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous card! The image works perfectly with that background paper! And I really like how you used the two sentiments together! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful card using that image. With just the change of sentiments it could be used for many occasions.
ReplyDeleteStunning image and beautiful paper.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT
Great card, Theresa! Love how you used the sentiments, and your take on the challenge is just perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at The House That Stamps Built!
ReplyDeleteLove what you did with this image - so very pretty - love the subtle coloring and the bits of texture you added. Thanks for joining us over at The House that Stamps Built.
ReplyDelete