Hello! As promised I am back with 2 more cards made using leftover portions of a panel that I created with the Oxidized Metal technique. Please check this post for all the details on the technique that I used. For the above thank you card I used a Black card base to which I stamped the leaf from Gina K Designs Skeleton Leaves and embossed that with Gold EP. I added the leftover strip at the bottom edge. This time you can see the leaf that I stamped before adding embossing and more embossing powder to the silver paper.
I used GKD Fired Brick CS as the base for this card. I embossed 2 corners with a Sizzix EF that I have never used. The flower design seemed to pick up the flower from the leftover strip of Oxidized Metal panel that I added. I inked the edges of the strip with Pilot Gold Metallic marker before attaching.
Challenges:
CAS Mix Up Challenge: November Oxidized Metal + Stamping + your Choice. Leaf stamped on the panel and Black CS. Used dry embossing with Sizzix EF's.
Just Us Girls Challenge: 512 Word Week Thanks
Simon Monday Challenge: Simon says Thanks/Thanksgiving
613 Avenue Challenge: 227 Anything Goes - Optional Twist Scrap your stash. Use leftovers from panel.
Use Your Stuff: Challenge # 381 Use scraps.
CASology: Week 355 Appreciate





That faux metal looks fabulous. Thanks for joining in at JUGS
ReplyDeleteI love the lost and found effects of the leaves on the bottom strip. Truly very interesting. The black card stock really adds to the focal point.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!
It’s a neat look and it looks great for fall!
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous so real looking metal effects ! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx
ReplyDeleteTheresa, thank you so much for sharing your project with us! You definitely qualify for our "Stash" challenge with bits left from previous projects. I am especially delighted with your metals inspiration... I forget how elegant the use of metal can make a card! Beautifully done!
ReplyDelete~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)
Wonderful look and texture on your projects.
ReplyDeleteWonderful card - great autumnal feel! Love the faux metal strip! Thank you for joining us at CASology!
ReplyDeleteWow, you got a threefer out of this oxidized metal, Theresa! Two more lovely pieces! Thanks so much for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful results with the oxidization! So glad you shred with us at Cas Mix Up!
ReplyDeleteTwo more beauties from your one panel. Always fantastic to get three cards from one mixed media panel. Both these cards are fantastic! Thanks again for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!
ReplyDeleteGreat results with the Oxidized Metal Technique Theresa, two more fab cards. Thanks for joining us again this month at CAS Mix Up!
ReplyDelete