Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Poinsettias are Tropical

Welcome!  Today I am sharing a CAS card that I made with Penny Black stamps from the Wonder Collection.  I stamped the Poinsettia with DOI Fired Brick on watercolor paper and using a water brush,  I water colored the image using DOI Fired Brick and Peeled Paint.  I added some gold to the flowers in the  center with Versamark Ink and Gold EP.  I decided to add some more ink around the image but I got a little carried away trying to be a bit artsy.  Also distressed the edges with the red ink. I attached the image to a card base of GKD Fresh Asparagus CS and  stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set. 
Did you know that Poinsettia is a tropical flower? And that the bright colors on the poinsettias are actually leaf bracts, not flowers.  The flowers are small and found in the yellow center of the stalk.
Challenges:
CAS Watercolor Challenge: September use Complementary Colors.  Used only red and green inks.
Happy Little Stampers : Watercolor Challenge Anything Goes+ Optional: Tropical.  Used Poinsettia which is a tropical flower. 
Penny Black Saturday Challenge: Anything Goes-Optional use something old or neglected. Stamps are about 5 years old.
Addicted to Stamps and More: Challenge #359 CAS
Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog: MLCCB #14 September Anything Christmas Goes 






Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I did know that about Poinsettias, but it certainly isn’t something I think about often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful poinsettia, Theresa! Lovely coloring and I love the wash around it and how you did the edges! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the background watercolouring looks terrific! What a smart way to be tropical AND get a beautiful Christmas card for the stash. ;) Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers for the Watercolour Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and I love the soft colors around the poinsettia. And, yes, I knew the poinsettia was just leaves...but I did not realize the flower was the center part so I did learn a few things from your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poinsettia! Love the pale green wash around it. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS WAtercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at ATSM challenge.
    Priyadarshini
    https://simpleartcraft-tips.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous poinsettia Theresa. The bright red really pops against the light green. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What interesting facts about Poinsettias, thanks for sharing it with us at Happy Little Stampers and we look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations again soon! Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!