Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Happy Fall to Y'all


Hello! Yesterday was the first day of fall and the leaves are already falling even before they change colors.  I created the background for this card using leaves from my yard (actually did this a few years ago).  I placed the leaves on a printer and scanned them to a file on my computer....sort of created my own digital patterned paper.  Took a few trials before I got them arranged to my liking.  To make my card I just printed the leaves on a white card stock. Trimmed the image and attached it to a layer of Yellow CS inked with a wine Copics.  I used a card base of Gold Yellow CS.  For the focus of my card, I stamped a sentiment from Gina K Designs A Year of Leaves (2009) set with Distress Ink Aged Mahogany on a panel of the Gold CS  and distressed the edges with the same ink. 
Challenges:
Double D Challenges: Focus on the Sentiment
Retro Rubber Challenge: #120 Anything Goes.  Stamp is about 10 years old. 
The Paper Girls Challenge: 184 Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge: Week 538 Trees and Leaves


Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! that is indeed a super clever idea, I think I might do that once the leaves turn colors, thank you for sharing.
    Those leaves are the perfect background for your beautiful sentiment.
    Thank you for playing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely design to your pretty Autumnal creation, many thanks for joining in with our 'Trees and Leaves' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and a wonderful way to focus on the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW ... I love that sentiment! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘FOCUS ON THE SENTIMENT’ challenge! Beautiful creation! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous way to create a background. This is just genius. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a fabulous idea to create your own digital paper...so very pretty! And what a lovely sentiment as well...just a beautiful fall card! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Retro Rubber challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous is that and what a clever idea ♥ Also love your sentiment.
    Thanks for playing with our challenge at Crafty Sentiments Design
    Hugs from Elin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Sentiments Designs DT Maria

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!