Sunday, August 11, 2019

Life's an Adventure


Welcome to my studio!  Today my card was inspired by The Library Challenge and the book The Tiger who came to tea.  I was not familiar with this book, but... would not having tea with a tiger be a life adventure?  So I used the sentiment Life's an Adventure with the image of the Tiger.  I stamped the sentiment stamp and the Tiger stamp with Memento Black Tuxedo ink and colored the image with Copics and a white gel pen.  Added some highlights to his whiskers with Stardust pen and to his eyes with Glossy Accents. I was very pleased with my coloring of the image.  I was also inspired by the bright colors of the cover to find a colorful Pattern Paper for my background and a Yellow (color of the table) card stock for my base.  The striped paper was from the Kaiser Craft paper pad called Jungle Bug Collection.  How appropriate? I completed the card with a brown mat underneath the image and added some Orange Dewdrops.  I attached the image at a angle.....such seemed like the thing to do for an adventurous design.  All supplies were from my stash. 

Challenges:
The Library Challenge: #39 The Tiger Who Came To Tea
Double D Challenges: It's a Jungle Out There 
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: August Challenge All about using Patterned Paper
Shopping Our Stash Weekly: Challenge #401 Base It On a Book. 
Crazy 4 Challenges: C4C497 Take Your inspiration from a Book


Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, stripy card and yes, the sentiment fits perfectly! Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful image and great stripes all around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! that tiger is so handsome! i'm going to have to look up that book now! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (book based!) STASH with us this fortnight! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a beautiful image and your coloring is perfect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘It’s A Jungle Out There!’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic - love your sentiment - terrific to go with this wonderful tiger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous coloring here. I love everything about this card. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!