Hello! Another card that is CAS and fits some of the July challenges that I have been playing with. I used the image from GKD Inspiring Poppies and sentiment from GKD You Make Me Smile. Stamped the Poppies with Memento Tuxedo Black on white CS and trimmed with a square die and attached to a Blue mat. Following a Sketch from Atlantic Hearts Sketch, I assembled the card with a White Card base, a Blue Ribbon with a Red edge, and the sentiment stamped with Versamark ink and heat embossed with GKD White EP on a die cut label of blue. Note: I did not have any Bright Blue CS in the right shade, not even a scrap, so I colored White CS with Copic B29 for the small mat and label. I also inked the edges of the card with the marker to give the look of another layer but without the weight.
Challenges:
Gina K Designs July Monthly Mix Challenge: Flag, You're it. Use a flag's colors.
Gina K Designs July Monthly Mix Challenge: Flag, You're it. Use a flag's colors.
ModSquad Challenge: Red, White and Blue Challenge
Addicted to Stamps and More: Challenge 49 Clean and Simple
Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge: Sketch 324


Have a great day! I love reading your comments.
Theresa
Beautiful card, I love it. I love the simplicity of the white background it really makes the colours pop off the page, I love the poppies, so pretty! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).
ReplyDeleteBrandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca
Love those poppies - their colour is so bold against the white background. The blue is a perfect complement to the red to bring out the depth of colour. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)
ReplyDeleteThe poppies are lovely. Thanks for sharing your tips about using markers for adding the edges, and helping out when you don't have the just right card stock color. It worked perfectly!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts this week.