Friday, July 12, 2019

Oregano Wreath


 Welcome to the studio!  Today I am playing with Twofer Card Challenge-we are to create 2 different designs for 2 different occasions using the same stamp, stencils, and/or dies. The theme for this challenge is Garden.  I am using a stamp from Italian Garden set by Marcell Hawley in both of my cards, one a Christmas design and the other an any occasion card. I was inspired by my herb garden.

For the Christmas Card, I stamped the pot of Oregano without the tag with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored  with Copics and Memento Marker.  I added pearls (Colored with Red Copic) for ornaments and glossy accents to the pot. ( This reminded me of a holiday gift plant that you might order online. ) Other supplies: Sentiment from Penny Black, Memento Red ink, White CS, DCWV Christmas Basic Pattern Paper, Spellbinder Die.

For the second card,  I used more herb stamps and sentiment from the Italian Garden set.  I stamped the Herbs with Memento Rich Cocoa and colored with Copics and Memento Markers.  My first stamped layout did not work so I fussy cut the images and arranged on a background of Pattern Paper from Graphics 45 Secret Garden pad. (Thought this paper was appropriate for a garden challenge)
Other supplies: GKD Fresh Asparagus and Ivory CS, Versamark Ink, Seafoam White EP, Spellbinder Label Dies

 Challenges:
Twofer Card Challenge: #18 Garden
Power Poppy Creative Confetti Challenge:  Christmas in July
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: July Always about using Patterned Paper


Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

6 comments:

  1. Theresa, How fun to use the oregano wreath as a holiday planter with the addition of the colored pearls. Beautiful coloring and framing. The white frame around your sentiment on the second card matches well with your white outlined herbs. Thank you for playing along at Twofer Card Challenge #18.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling card and such a sweet image! Thanks so much for playing along with Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever you, Theresa, to use your Oregano wreath for a Christmas card! It's a beautiful CAS design! And I love your all-over herb garden card, just right for this time of year! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #18! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my gosh, I remember this set and I no longer have it. Don't think I ever used it with such imagination. It's brilliant on your two cards! I never would have thought of it for Christmas, but it's perfect! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Twofer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card...a very creative way to use your oregano wreath for a Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!