Hello! I am sharing another card that I created for the January Monthly Mix challenge at Gina K Designs and other challenges. The GKD challenge is My Sentiments Exactly-use a Sentiment only-no stamped image or patterned paper. On a White Cardstock panel, I use a water brush with DOI Candied Apple to make a swirly design and then stamped the sentiment from GKD Merry and Bright stamp set with Versamark ink. I then heat embossed the words with Gold EP. I also edged the panel with Versmark ink and heat embossed with the same Gold EP for a distressed look. (Saw Gina K do that on a video). Placed the panel on a card base of GKD Red Velvet CS. Finished with a die cut glittery star that I recycled from an old card.
Challenges:
Monthly Mix Challenge at Gina K Designs: My Sentiments Exactly
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: #419 Anything goes as long as it is Christmas. Also used an old star for the optional twist.
ABC Christmas Challenge: A is for Anything for Christmas Goes
Merry Little Christmas Challenge: MIUCB #6 January Challenge Anything Christmas Goes
Have a great day! I love reading your comments.
Theresa
Saturday, January 5, 2019
My Sentiments Only
Posted by
Theresa's Studio
Labels:
Christmas,
Distressing,
GKD Papers,
GKD Stamp,
Gold EP,
Heat Embossing,
Star
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Beautiful background and I love that sentiment you used on your card.
ReplyDeleteSo cool your brush strokes look like a tree. Love that sentiment, too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea with the swirls of the Distress, and even embossing the edges for a distressed look - very effective. Thank you for sharing, and joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. :) Lynda
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, Theresa. Beautiful colour and sentiment. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma
ReplyDeleteLove your brush strokes tree, Theresa! Very clever!
ReplyDelete