
Welcome! I had so much fun making my first card with the Bokeh technique that I had to do another one but this time I used water coloring instead of sponging. On a panel of watercolor paper, I wet the paper with water using a brush and then dropped in colors with a water brush using Candied Apple, Lucky Clover, and Cracked Pistachio DOI until the panel was to my liking This card has colors that contrast more than in my first attempt at Bokeh technique which was more monochromatic. I then used my homemade template of circles with Hero Arts White ink and a dauber to create the Bokeh effect. This is really fun to do as you watch the outcome of the design. I decided to tear the edges of the finished panel to use a smaller section that I attached to a card base of GKD Grass Green CS, added a die cut of a branch with leaves, and stamped a sentiment from GKD Whimsical Wildflowers set with GKD Fresh Asparagus ink. I added some texture by embossing the lower part of the card with Cuttlebug EF Gingham Border.
I like the feeling of movement on this card that resulted from the Bokeh circles, the torn edges, the spreading branch, and the font in the sentiment. It all seems to flow together.
Challenges:
Make My Monday Challenge: #87 Use words or sentiment.
Cupcake Inspirations: CIC461 Use Something New. Bokeh technique with water coloring is new to me.
Happy Little Stampers: January Watercolor Challenge-Anything Goes with Optional Twist: Texture
Monthly Mix Challenge: Gina K Designs-My Sentiments Exactly
CAS Mix Up Card Challenge: January- Bokeh + Stamping + Your Choice. Used Bokeh, stamping, water coloring, torn edges, dry embossing with embossing folder, die cutting.
Have a great day! I love reading your comments.
Theresa
You sure got a great color combo going there. Love pink and green together. And your bokeh is perfect.
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning Bokeh effect card with the prettiest of colours. The green card looks great and so is the sentiment. Thank you for joining in again at The CAS Mix Up Challenge x
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful Bokeh background, Theresa! I love these colors and the green is so springy and pretty! Thanks so much for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!
ReplyDeleteA very lovely card, I must try this technique, it's very effective. Thanks for joining the challenge at Make My Monday. Donna - DT Member
ReplyDeleteOwner of The Paper Funday Challenges
I'm so glad that you had so much fun making Bokeh backgrounds, Theresa! This one is so colorful and pretty, and I love the torn edges! The green sprig and the card base complement the Bokeh panel so beautifully! Thanks so much again for joining us at CAS Mix Up!
ReplyDeleteHideko xx
So happy to hear you are having fun with this technique, Theresa! LOVE your watercoloured version. Gorgeous mix of colours and love the bokeh circles. The torn edge really adds something special to the design. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!
ReplyDeleteSo very pretty. That torn edge goes perfectly with the softness of the bokeh.
ReplyDeleteAnother beauty with this soft design. I just love it.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful watercolored background, Theresa for your Bokeh sponged circles. I loved your color choices for your background and textured dry embossing on your green card base. TFS and joining us again at CAS Mix Up for this fun technique. Hugs.Nancy
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely background for your Bokeh circles. The texture on the card makes your lovely colours pop off the front.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining CAS Mix Up this month
Viv
(Guest DT January @ CAS Mix Up)
Beautiful background with that Bokeh effect design. I love the colors too.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card! I love the bokeh effect. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT
ReplyDeleteStunning card. Great work with watercolors, excellent colors. so beautiful bokeh effect
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining our Happy Watercolor Stamps game.
BożenA DT HLS
Such a lovely card! I love your bokeh effect in those pretty colours! Thank you for joining us at HLS Watercolour this month!
ReplyDelete