Do you have memories of beautiful summer days driving through country roads and covered bridges? What great times they would be ....carefree and lazy....without a worry in the world. This scene reminds of one of those times. I stamped the image with Repeat Impressions Covered Bridge stamp using a light brown ink on watercolor paper and water colored with distress inks using a water brush. I won't go in to all the details of how I did the coloring but I did do repeated stampings using the Misti throughout the process. I colored this panel a few weeks ago after studying some water color techniques online and it has been on my desk waiting for further attention. I finally decided to simply trim the panel and adhere to a mat of Khaki CS and a base of GKD Green CS. Stamped a portion of a Repeat Impression sentiment with Memento Rich Cocoa ink to finish as a card.
Challenges:
The House That Stamps Built: Anything goes challenge-J2817, Used Repeat Impressions stamps.
Simon Wednesday Says Challenge: Simon says Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenges: #344 Anything Goes
Crazy 4 Challenges: C4C391-use some form of water on card. Water is flowing under the covered bridge.
Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge: Anything goes for the June Challenge
Have a great day! I love reading your comments.
Theresa



I equate covered bridges with Vermont and New England, and so this card made me smile, Theresa! Lovely scene - thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!
ReplyDeleteOh my, Theresa! This looks like days gone by, my friend! Thank you for sharing and inspiring, and Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built!
ReplyDeleteFabulous card! I just drove through some covered bridges last weekend while in Vermont; there is just something about them! Your scene looks so peaceful and I love how you selectively inked the sentiment. Thanks for playing with the House That Stamps Built.
ReplyDelete