I had decided that I would not make a card for Joan's Gardens Challenge this week but then I found some yellow tulle in my stash and decided I would give it a go. The challenge is to make a card using 3 flowers out of vellum, use colors of golden yellow and violet , mesh or tulle, stencil on paper, and a product sold at Joan's. I used clear vellum and colored it with Copics V09 and Y26 to cut flowers in violet and yellow gold using Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch Dies (From Joan's) . I layered the flowers with tulle cut with the same dies to create the 3 flowers held together with gold brads. My card base is of Bazzill Textured Violet Cardstock is layered with Pattern Paper from Graphics 45 Once Upon a Springtime Pad (From Joan's ) that I stencilled with Blossoms and Ivy stencil and a Thank You stencil using Distress Ink Peeled Paint. This was the first time I used these stencils that I have had for a long time. I covered the pattern paper with the yellow tulle and then attached the three flowers. I may have done the layout a bit differently if I had more time but I was working hurriedly to make the deadline. Check out the challenge here www.atjoansgardens.com
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you.
Theresa
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
Thank You Card
Posted by
Theresa's Studio
Labels:
Challenges,
Joan's Garden,
Stenciling,
Vellum Flowers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Theresa, I am so glad you decided to join us this week. Your card is beautiful. You did a great job on your flowers too.,
ReplyDeleteThanks again!
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com
Just beautiful Theresa! What a clever idea to color your vellum ... never thought of that... thanks! You design is perfect and those flowers are beautiful! Well done!
ReplyDeleteI don't use yellow much and always love it . This is beautiful. Your flowers awe so pretty. Thanks for joining us in the challenge at Joan's gardens.
ReplyDelete