Hello! It has been a while since I entered Sugar Creek Hollow challenge or Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge. This week Sugar Creek Hollow has asked us to do a vintage card with a theme of
A Child's Life. I decided to use a digi image from A Day for Daisies, their sponsor for this challenge. I printed "Night Time Prayers" on white card stock and colored the image using a lot of Copics for a pink and brown theme. I think this image has a great vintage look and I tried to add it more vintage feel by making the bedspread appear to be Chenille which I think is a very vintage fabric. I hope I succeeded. I chose the Pattern Paper for the wallpaper because of its vintage feel and made the sentiment appear to be a wall hanging above the bed. Another touch was embossing the Brown cardstock used for the carpet to give texture to the floor. I used gold parchment paper for the mat behind the image which I tore the edges and distressed with ink. Finished with pink organza ribbon topped with narrow brown organza ribbon and bow.
Challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow: #67 Vintage card with theme A Child's Life
Really Reasonable Ribbon: #78 Pink and Brown with Ribbon Theme (Consider gold as a neutral color)
Kaboodle Doodles Challenge: Use song or quote. My card features the name of the song: "Count Your Blessings"
Supplies:
Stamps: A Day for Daisies Digital , MFP's Sentiment
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink Tea Dye, Versamark and Chestnut EP
Copics: Too many to list
Papers: Dark Brown CS, White CS, Gold Parchment Paper all from stash
Pattern Paper: My Mind Eye's Pad Indie Chic Saffron
Cuttlebug EF Tiny Bubbles
Ribbon: Pink and Brown from stash
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you.
Theresa
now how sweet is that! I love it Theresa!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet card.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.
Lovely little card! Perfect for the Really Reasonable Challenge too! Thanks for joining us!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Tammy Louise