Sunday, July 14, 2013

Christmas in July

Hello!  I have been resisting making Christmas cards this early but there  are so many challenges to make Christmas cards that I finally gave in and made one.   I pulled out 2 GKD stamps from my Christmas stash to create this.  I stamped the tree from Very Merry Christmas set by Theresa and the sentiment from Festive Frame by Melanie with GKD Black Onyx ink.  I was very pleased with her new ink which I had just received in an order...it is indeed the blackest black ink. and works great with Copics!  I colored the image with Copics G 99, R 24, 46, Y28, YG 63 and cut out with Nesties Rectangle die.  I hardly used the rectangle or square dies but this was a good fit. My papers used were also from GKD - White , Red Velvet, and Fresh Asparagus. I embossed the green mat with Cuttlebug EF Divine Swirls. I kept this a simple design....no embellishments for easy mailing.

Challenges:
Stamp TV: Mix it up Monday-Christmas in July STV13MON 27
Whoopsi Daisy: Christmas In July
Fab 'n' Funky:  Christmas in July
ABC Christmas Challenge: N is for no embellishments
Craft Challenge: Christmas
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas: Challenge is Trees...use at least one.
Christmas Card Challenges:  Embossing

I have not been paid for endorsing any products in this post.
All opinions are my own and have not been solicited.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love the colors you used. I am so enjoying the Christmas Card Challenge.
    http://joycesloveoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous image and wonderful embossing too! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at whoopsi daisy and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas card...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Christmas card with a super cute image. Thanks for taking part in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky, good luck.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and coloring. Thank you for sharing it with us at Christmas Card Challenge. Hope you join us again so you can increase your stash of Christmas cards.
    --Heather - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card - loving the image

    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenges this week

    Hugs

    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely christmas card and thanks for sharing with us at Craft this weekthanks for sharing with us at Craft this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 133 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous CAS card! Love the swirled background!
    Thanks for playing along with our embossing challenge at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card - love that tree!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!