We had more snow yesterday. I plan to stay in today and make cards. This card was started sometime ago and recently finished but never posted. I used 1/4" strips of DP that I taped on a card stock and then cut into 1/4" strips and then made into a quilt. I was inspired to make this sometime ago from a card by my friend Lin at Sending Hugs but do not have the post to link too. She makes so many beautiful cards. I layered the "quilt" on to a border of striped DP strips using mitered corners to better replicate a finished quilt. I attached this to a card base of green. Finished with a sentiment and triple organdy bow for my Mother's recent birthday.
Challenges:
Kaboddle Doodles Challenge: Use Ribbon
Papertake Weekly: Tie up your loose ends-add a bow.
Supplies:
Papers: Authentique Wonder Paper Pad, Green and Ivory CS from Stash
Stamps: GKD
Ink: Memento Rhubarb Stalk
Ribbon from Dollar Tree
I could never be a quilter...I had a hard enough time laying out patterns in this small rectangle. Next time I will use wider strips than I used here. I enjoy all your comments. Thank you.
Theresa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh! Love the green ribbon against your red card! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Ribbons” Challenge!
ReplyDeleteKath - Admin
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/
Beautiful card and bow!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.
gorgeous creation hun thanks so much for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx
ReplyDelete