Saturday, January 26, 2013

Heart of My Heart

 
Second Post today:
This card was made for Joan's Garden Challenge. The card needs to be pink and white, use at least one heart, and use a pretty border. I had planned a more fancy card but it turned out more on the clean and simple style.  I cut a heart with a die and filled it with ribbon on the backside of the textured pink card base.  I stamped the sentiments on a White heart and attached beneath the ribbon heart. The right edge of the card was punched with scallop dot border and I wove a narrow white satin ribbon in the holes and added a strip of the same ribbon filling the heart.  I attached a darker pink cardstock(matching the ribbon) to the back of the front of the card to hide the edges of the ribbons. Finished the inside (shown below) with more hearts and a sentiment. I found several challenges to enter this card.
 
Challenges:
Joan's Garden: Card needs to be pink and white, use at least one heart, and use a pretty border.
Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge: The theme for Challenge #64 is Valentine's Day/Love & Ribbon.
 Friends of Speedy TV challenge: Make a card using creative use of ribbon.
City Crafter Challenge Blog: Make a card using hearts.
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge:  Valentine's Day or  Love
Crafty Ribbons Challenge: Theme is Love/ Romance/ Anniversary
Sweet Stampin' Challenge: Theme is ribbon.
 
Supplies:
Stamps: Flourishes Heart Lines and From the Heart
Ink: Memento Rose Bud
Papers: Bazzill Pink CS, Dark Pink and Whitefrom stash
Die: Nesties Scallop Hearts
Punch: Martha Stewart Scallop Dot Border
Ribbons: White Satin Narrow and Pink Twill like from Stash 
 
While posting this card I was reminded of the song "Heart of My Heart". Play by clicking on video.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

19 comments:

  1. A really pretty clean and simple card. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Theresa! I love everything about it.
    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa - this card is amazing! I love this type of card - right up my alley - you did a great job on the creation - thanks for entering it FOSTV - enjoy you day - Gail DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa this is so sweet ! Love the cut out heart! Thanks so much for sharing your cute card this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card ... Many thanks for playing at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What GREAT stamps and wonderful detail on your card, Theresa. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just noticed how you threaded your ribbons! That's a WOW!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty - like the pink and white. Thanks for joining FOSTV this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT this week. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty, love the border!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card. Love how you play with ribbons on it. So lovely.
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Ribbons” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty!! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon's Challenge this week!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally gorgeous, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Theresa; Your card is lovely! Hearts are always beautiful to work with and I see you put ribbons underneath. Thanks for participating in this challenge and welcome back to Crafty Ribbons!

    La Vikinga / Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along in the Valentine/Love and Ribbon challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Huggs....Ginny from Polly's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty card you have created. I am so glad you played along with us this week over at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic card, love the cut out being used on the card too. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Ribbons this time.
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week :) Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!