Saturday, November 3, 2012

Speedy the Fox and Friends Challenge

Rick Rack or Ric Rac or Rickrack??
Welcome to another challenge at Speedy the Fox and Friends.  We are challenging you to use Rick Rack on your projects.  However you spell it - ric rac, rick rack, or rickrack - we are talking about that flat-woven trim that has zigzagged its way for many years in all sizes and colors on to many garments and craft projects.  I am that sure all you card makers out there have a scrap or two or even a package of  rick rack in your stash.  That is where I found the red and gold Rick Rack that I used.

My card uses a new stamp set "Poinsettia Blooms" recently released by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.  I stamped the lamp with Versamark on White CS and embossed with Ranger Gold EP and colored with Copics. I cut the image out with a Spellbinders Die and sponged with Ranger DI Barn door before taking from the die.  Layered the image on to an embossed Gold Metallic CS mat (Cuttlebug EF Swiss Dots).   Stamped the sentiment ( from same stamp set as image) )  with Versamark and embossed with Ranger Red EP.  Added 2 rows of  Red with Gold Thread Rick Rack (From Jo-ann's)  and attached to a red card base.

Challenges:
Fab 'n' Funky: Use die cuts and punches. Used corner punch and Spellbinder Keyhole die.
Crafty Ribbons: Christmas
Crafty Catz: Add texture...used embossing and rick rack


Find some rick rack and please join in and you could win a stamp from Mark's Finest Paper, a Heinrich Co. You have until 3PM on Friday, November 9 to enter the challenge here. If you use Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co. stamp, your name will be entered into the drawing twice.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

14 comments:

  1. Theresa,
    So very pretty. I love the embossed lamp and the colors are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Love the embossing. The colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa, what a beautiful card! So cool that you have a spellbinders die that fits the lamp so perfectly!!!! Your embossing really adds an elegant touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa--this Christmas card is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the nesties you used! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, I love the gold embossing, that was a great idea. I like the dotted ef folder, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's some mighty pretty RicRac. The gold embossing really adds to the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty, love the sparkle on the rick rack!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful lantern, Theresa! Great attention to details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Christmas card with such gorgeous detail. Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky this week. hugs, Pat K.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb and traditional christmas card, thanks for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ this week hope to see you again hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, love the colours! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card and thanks for joining our texture challenge this week. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!