
The theme for Challenge #22 at Really Reasonable Ribbon is Violets & Lilacs & Plums. Oh My!One of my spring time favorites lilacs will soon be in bloom and I love their fragrance. My card shows a Lilac but no fragrance is included. I made this flower with a Sizzix punch that punches 3 sizes of flowers and one leaf. I punched the multiple flowers in 3 different shades of violets and purple, 2 leaves in green, and arranged on a CS scrap with glue dots. I then trimmed the edge so I would have one assembled blossom to attach to the card with dimensional pop ups. I finished the flowers with pearl centers. The card base is the same green CS as my leaves and I layered it with glittery, sparkly patterned floral paper from DCWV. (Click to enlarge to see all the sparkle). Used a corner punch to round the edges of this mat and added a ribbon. Attached the Lilac to card and finished the Lilac with a lovely purple ribbon bow.
I decided not to stamp a sentiment directly on the card which would look crowded but made a tag using a Spellbinder ribbon Tag Die that I layered with a stamped scrap and added ribbon pull with a pearl. The tag slips in underneath the blossom. Bottom photo shows tag pulled out.
I plan to use this for a Mother's Day card and using a verse inside for Mother.
Challenges:
Really Reasonable Ribbon: Challenge #22 above
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: Use Flowers
DYSU: Use a Flower
The ABC Challenge: S is for sparkle.
Fussy aand Fancy Friday: Theme is spring time.
Stamp, Scrap, & Doodle: Theme is Tagalicious-So have fun with those tags and use them somewhere on your card.
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa
Lilacs are one of my favs too. Ours is just starting to get leaves (0= Your card is awesome... I can almost smell it! Love how you included the tag! Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteFabulous card, thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.
ReplyDelete-Wenche
Very pretty Mother's day card. Love all the purples. I’m glad you joined us for the DYSU EASTER HOP challenge & hope to see you again!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a beautiful card...love lilacs and the beautiful scent in the springtime. Ours are already in bloom. I love sitting on our front porch and getting a whiff every once in a while.
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter!
This is just beautiful! Thank you for joining Fussy and Fancy this time! Hope to see you again! Lisa :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat project , thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.
ReplyDeleteJo and Tigerlover.
Such a sweet card! Thanks so much for hopping around with us at DYSU! Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteFABULOUS - I really love this. The colours are wonderful and the secret tag is brilliant.
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing at SSDS.
Ike xx
SSDS DT
Such a gorgeous card Theresa! I love the colors and the smell of Lilacs which the bushes are in full bloom here. Only my Lilac dwarf tree has just began to get it's leaves. Always a slow starter but you can smell it for a block once it blooms. Have a fabby week! "Hugs" Carol
ReplyDeletethis is a winner in my book, absolutely beautiful!!!! My neighbors Lilac bush is full of bloom, and smells so heavenly!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.
ReplyDeletethat is so clever - love it
ReplyDeletekitten DYSU team
Love the way you used the punches... TFS!!
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for sparkling with us at ABC-Challenges :)
*hugs*
Angélique
Hey there :) Thank you so much for sharing your lovely project with us and joining our DYSU Easter Blog Hop 2011! Hope you keep on stacking up with us! Hugs Janna :)
ReplyDelete