Sunday, January 8, 2017

It's Cold Outside

Second Post Today:
Hello! Here in Ohio, it is very cold!!   More reason to stay inside and make cards in my warm studio!
I printed off  a digital image, already colored, from Dearie Dolls....just love all her cute images.  I placed the image on a mat of red CS and heat embossed a sentiment from Creative Clear stamps.   I tried something new by embossing the front of my Blue card base  with Cuttlebug EF Snowflakes using Versamark ink on the folder and then heat embossed with Snowflake Embossing Tinsel with glitter ( same as used on sentiment).  Of course I had glitter everywhere and I had just cleaned my studio. But I loved the cold, snowy effect that I achieved.  I also added some of the tinsel to the image by using a Versamark pen on the snowflakes.
Tip: To clean up the glitter, use a Swifter cloth to pick it up.

Challenges:
Cards In Envy: Snow Birds card challenge. Must have one bird on card.
Paper Sweeties Challenge: January Photo Inspiration shown below. Inspired by the snowmen and bright colors.
Tuesday Throwdown:  #324 Winter Critters. My DH said the winter bird was Blue because of the cold.
Crafty Creations Challenges: #332 Anything Goes
The House That Stamps Built: DCC14 Winter card, not Christmas
Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenges:  Theme is always Anything Goes: use loose glitter, embossing powder, and/or flocking.  Used embossing powder that has glitter on background base, sentiment, and  image.

Have a great day and keep warm! I love reading your comments. Theresa

12 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my Theresa, what a cute card! I love the bright blue and red colors and all those pretty snowflakes! Thanks for sharing this little beauty with us at Paper Sweeties in January :)

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO cute, Theresa. Great job, and thanks so much for stopping by Paper Sweeties to share your talents with us.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Patti J said...

Very cute card, Theresa! Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built!

Heather said...

Oh, this is so cute!! AND beautiful!! Such a sweet image and an awesome color combo! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Maria said...

Your card is super cute with the adorable snowman! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Paper Sweeties for the challenge! Please come back soon!

LisaM said...

Love the embossing and cute image! Thanks for sharing it with us at Cards In Envy!

Sandy Trefger said...

Adorable! Love that snowman holding the bird house and the cute bird! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Cheri said...

I agree with you, this is an adorable image, Theresa. What a great card for our challenge. Thanks so much for playing along again at The House That Stamps Built.

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Such a cute card..Love it..Thank you so much for playing with us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Hugs xx Deepti

wendipooh13 said...

sooo cute!! LOVe your snow birds card!!! perfect!! Thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!

Jessica Kaiser said...

What an adorable card! I love the embossed background. Thanks for joining us this month at SparkleNSprinkle Creative Challenge!

Jess - DT

Dawn said...

I love how you created your background of snowflakes and super cute snowman image.